Skip to main content Skip to navigation
Materials Science & Engineering Just another Graduate School Network site

External Fellowships

We encourage applicants to apply for fellowships from sources other than UC Berkeley. U.S. citizens and permanent residents are particularly encouraged to apply for the National Science Foundation (NSF) and the National Defense Science and Engineering (NDSEG) fellowships. Information and forms can also be found at university career offices. In addition, some corporations award fellowships to their employees. Many governments also award fellowships for overseas study.

In addition, U.S. citizens are encouraged to apply for the many external fellowships for which they are eligible:

For Women and Minorities

For Women:

For Minorities:

For Canadians: