Joined MME in 1997
- Ph.D. in Materials Science and Engineering from University of Texas at Arlington, 1995
- Materials Research Group
- Processing of ceramics, metals and composites using Rapid Prototyping
- Load bearing and non-load bearing implants
- Patient specific implants
- Laser processing of materials
- Microwave sintering of ceramics
- Piezoelectric micromachined ultrasonic transducers (pMUTs) for medical imaging and therapeutics
National and International Recognition
- Fellow, American Association for the Advancement of Science
- Fellow, American Society for Materials (ASM International)
- Fellow, American Ceramic Society
- Fellow, American Institute for Medical and Biological Engineering
- CAREER Award, National Science Foundation (1999)
- Young Investigator Program Award, Office of Naval Research (1998)
- Book – “Biomaterials Science – Processing, Properties and Applications III” Ceramic Transactions Volume 242, Edited by Susmita Bose, Amit Bandyopadhyay and Roger Narayan, John Wiley (2013).
- Book – “Characterization of Biomaterials” Edited by Amit Bandyopadhyay and Susmita Bose, Elsevier (2013).
- Book – “Biomaterials Science – Processing, Properties and Applications II” Ceramic Transactions Volume 237, Edited by Roger Narayan, Susmita Bose and Amit Bandyopadhyay, John Wiley (2012).
- Book – “Biomaterials Science – Processing, Properties and Applications” Ceramic Transactions Volume 228, Edited by Roger Narayan, Amit Bandyopadhyay and Susmita Bose, John Wiley (2011).
- Book – “Innovative Processing and Synthesis of Ceramics, Glasses and Composites V” Ceramic Transactions Volume 129, Edited by J. P. Singh, N. P. Bansal and A. Bandyopadhyay, American Ceramic Society (2001).
- Susmita Bose, Mangal Roy and Amit Bandyopadhyay, “Recent advances in bone tissue engineering scaffolds,” Trends in Biotechnology, Volume 30, Issue 10, pp. 546-554, (2012).
- Paul DeVasConCellos, Susmita Bose, Haluk Beyenal, Lewis G. Zirkle and Amit Bandyopadhyay, “Antimicrobial Particulate Silver Coatings on Stainless Steel Implants for Fracture Management,” Materials Science & Engineering C, 32 (5), pp. 1112-1120 (2012).
- Sheldon Bernard, Vamsi Krishna Balla, Susmita Bose, Amit Bandyopadhyay, “Compression Fatigue Behavior of Laser Processed Porous NiTi Alloy,” Journal of Mechanical Behavior of Biomedical Materials, 13, pp. 62-68 (2012).
- N. Biswas, J. L. Ding, V. K. Balla, D. P. Field and A. Bandyopadhyay, “Deformation and Fracture Behavior of Laser Processed Dense and Porous Ti6Al4V Alloy Under Static and Dynamic Loading,” Materials Science & Engineering A 549, pp. 213-221 (2012).