- Optics: Resonant X-ray optical properties of organic matter
- Materials physics: nano-to-mesoscale ordering in organic materials, optoelectronic properties of semiconducting organic materials
- Condensed matter physics: ordering phenomena at organic-organic interfaces, properties of charge carriers in semiconducting organic materials
- Engineering/Applied physics: organic optoelectronic devices
- M. Schubert, B. A. Collins, H. Mangold, I. A. Howard, W. Schindler, K. Vandewal, S. Rloand, J. Behrends, F. Kraffert, R. Steyrleuthner, Z. Chen, K Fostiropouulos, R. Bittl, A. Salleo, A. Facchetti, F. Laquai, H. Ade, D. Neher, “Correlated Donor/Acceptor Crystal Orientation and Fast Charge-Transfer State Recombination Controls Photocurrent Generation in All-Polymer Solar Cells.” Adv. Func. Mater. DOI: 10.1002/adfm.201304216 – Accepted as VIP.
- R. Steyrleuthner, R. Di Pietro, B. A. Collins, F. Polzer, S. Himmelberger, H. Kirmse, M. Schubert, Z. Chen, A. Salleo, H. Ade, A. Facchetti and D. Neher, “The role of regioregularity and crystallinity on electron transport anisotropy in a high mobility n-type copolymer.” J. Am. Chem. Soc. 136, 4245 (2014).
- J. R. Tumbleston, B. A. Collins, L. Yang, A. C. Stuart, E. Gann, W. Ma, W. You, H. Ade, “The influence of molecular orientation on organic bulk heterojunction solar cells.” Nature Photonics, 8, 385 (2014).
- J. R. Tumbleston, A. D. Gadisa, Y. Liu, B. A. Collins, E. T. Samulski, R. Lopez, H. Ade, “Modifications in morphology resulting from nanoimprinting bulk heterojunction blends for light trapping organic solar cell designs.” ACS Applied Materials and Interfaces, 5, 8225 (2013).