Joined MME in 2000
- Ph.D. in Mechanical Engineering from Yale University, 1991
- Physical and mechanical metallurgy
- Metal deformation and recrystallization
- Crystallographic texture
- Grain boundary structure
- Thin film and IC interconnect structure/properties relationships
- Advanced experimental techniques
National and International Recognition
- Fellow, American Society for Materials International (2013)
- A Alankar, DP Field, D Raabe, “On the plastic anisotropy of electro-deposited pure iron having sharp <1 1 1> // ND crystallographic texture: analysis using a physics based crystal plasticity model” Int. J. Plasticity 52 (2014), 18-32.
- F. Zhang and DP Field, “Characterization of creep damaged grain boundaries of alloy 617,” Metall. Mater. Trans. A, 44A, 4927-4936 (2013).
- JP Young, DP Field, TW Nelson, “Material Flow During Friction Stir Welding of HLSA 65 Steel,” Metall. Mater. Trans. A, 44A 3167-3175 (2013)
- CF Gu, L Toth, DP Field, JJ Fundenberger, YD Zhang, “Room temperature equal channel angular pressing of a magnesium alloy,” Acta Mater. 61 (2013) 3027-3036.
- DP Field, CC Merriman, N. Allain-Bonasso, F. Wagner “Quantification of Dislocation Structure Heterogeneity in Deformed Polycrystals by EBSD” Modelling Simul. Mater. Sci. Eng. 20 (2012) 024007
- SI Wright, MM Nowell and DP Field, “A Review of Strain Analysis using EBSD,” Microscopy and Microanalysis, 17 (2011) 316-329
- I. Robertson, C. Schuh, J. Vetrano, N. Browning, D.P. Field, R. Dunin-Borkowski, MK Miller, I. Baker, D. Dunand, D. Juul-Jensen, B. Kabius, T. Kelly, S. Lozano-Perez, A. Misra, G. Rohrer, and A.D. Rollett, “Towards an integrated materials characterization toolbox,” J. Matls. Res, 26 (2011) 1341-1383
- H Malik, KJ Stephenson, DF Bahr, and DP Field, “Quantitative Characterization of Carbon Nanotube Turf Topology by SEM Analysis,” J. Mat. Sci. 46 (2011) 3119–3126