Joined MME in 1988
- Ph.D. in Mechanical Engineering and Engineering Mechanics from Michigan Technical University, 1987
- Mechanics: Multiscale modeling, numerical analysis, plasticity, composites, materials instabilities, damage and fracture.
- Materials: Dislocation theory, dislocation dynamics, crystal plasticity, defects, radiation effects, nanomaterials.
National and International Recognition
- Fellow, American Association for the Advancement of Science (2011)
2010 Khan International Award for Outstanding contribution to the field of Plasticity
- Fellow, American Society of Mechanical Engineers (2002)
- Computational Mechanics Achievement Award, Japanese Society of Mechanical Engineers(2003)
- Member: Academy of Mechanical Engineering-Engineering Mechanics, Michigan Technological University 2004
- Member: Lebanese Academy of Sciences
- Zbib, H.M., and Diaz de la Rubia, T., “A Multiscale Model of Plasticity”, Int. J. Plasticity, 18, 1133-1163, 2002
- Diaz de la Rubia, T., Zbib, H.M., T. Khraishi, B. Wirth, Victoria, M. and M. Caturla, “Flow Localization in Irradiated Materials: A Multiscale Modeling Approach”, Nature, 406, 871-874, 2000.
- Zbib, H.M., Rhee, M. and Hirth, J.P., “On Plastic Deformation and the Dynamics of 3D Dislocations”, Int. J. Mech. Science, 40, 113-127, 1998.
- Bellou, A., C. Overman, Zbib, H.M., Bahr, D. and A. Misra. Strain Hardening Behavior in Nanolayered Metallic Multilayers. Scripta Metallurgica, 64, 641-644 (2011).
- Sansour, C., Skatulla, S. and Zbib, H.M. A Formulation for the Micromorphic Continuum at Finite Inelastic Strain, submitted to Int. J. Solids and Structures, 47, 1546-1554, 2010.
- Abdolrahim, N., Mastorakos, I and Zbib, H.M. Deformation Mechanisms and Pseudoelastic Behavior in Trilayer Composite Metal Nanowires. Physical Review B 81, 054117, 2010.
- Mastorakos, I., Abdolrahim, N. and Zbib, H.M. Deformation Mechanisms in Nano-composite Metallic Structures, Int. J. Mechanical Science, 52, 295-302, 2010.
- Akarapu, S., Zbib, H.M. and Bahr, D.F. Analysis of Heterogeneous Deformation and Dislocation Dynamics in Single Crystal Micropillars under Compression, Int. J. Plasticity, 16, 239-257, 2010.
- Akarapu, S. and Zbib, H.M., Line-Integral Expressions for Stress and Displacement Field due to a dislocation Segment in Isotropic Bi-Materials in 3D Space. Phil Mag, 89, 2149-2166, 2009
- Overman, N.R., Overman, C. T., Bahr, D.F., Zbib, H.M., Yield and Deformation in Biaxially Stressed Multilayer Metallic Thin Films, Journal of Engineering Materials and Technology, 131, 4, 0141203, 2009.