Joined MME in 2008
- Ph.D. in Materials Science and Engineering from the University of Texas at Austin, 1988
- Multi-physics phenomena in Materials Science – thermal/mechanical/electrical/electromagnetic interactions
- Near-interface effects in multi-component materials, with emphasis on materials for microelectronics
- Materials reliability in micro-systems and composites
- Electrically-activated manufacturing at nano to meso scales – nanolithography, electromagnetic jigsaw
- P. Kumar and I. Dutta, “Influence of Electric Current on Diffusionally Accommodated Sliding at Hetero-Interfaces”, Acta Materialia, 59, pp. 2096-2108, 2011.
- I. Dutta, P. Kumar, and M.S. Bakir , “ Interface-related Reliability Challenges in 3-D Interconnect Systems with Through-Silicon Vias “, JOM, October 2011, pp. 70-77.
- J. Liu, P. Kumar, I. Dutta, R. Raj, R. Sidhu, M. Renavikar and R. Mahajan, “Liquid phase sintered Cu–In composite solders for thermal interface material and interconnect applications”, J. Mater. Sci., 46, 7012-7025, 2011.
- M. Burkhard, S. Kuwano, T. Fujita, I. Dutta and M.W. Chen, “Correlation between Whisker Growth, Dissolution Pitting and Si Precipitation in an Al Thin Film on Si During Heat Treatment”, J. Mater. Sci., 45, 2010, pp. 3367-3374
- I. Dutta and P. Kumar, “Electric Current Induced Liquid Metal Flow: Application to Coating of Micro-patterned Structures”, Appl. Phys. Lett., 94, 184104, 2009.
- B. Ye, B.S. Majumdar and I. Dutta, “Texture Development and Strain Hysteresis in a NiTi Shape Memory Alloy During Thermal Cycling Under Load, Acta Materialia, 57, pp. 2403–2417, 2009.
- Z. Huang, P. Kumar, I. Dutta, J. H. L. Pang, R. Sidhu, M. Renavikar and R. Mahajan, “Fracture of Sn-Ag-Cu/Cu joints: I: Effect of loading conditions and processing parameters”, J. Elec. Mater. (Accepted, Sept 2011).
- P. Kumar, Z. Huang, I. Dutta, R. Sidhu, M. Renavikar and R. Mahajan, “Fracture of Sn-Ag-Cu joints on Cu substrates: II. Development of Fracture Mechanism Map”, J. Elec. Mater. (Accepted, Oct 2011).