Education and Professional Experience
- Postdoc, Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory, 2012-2014
- Ph.D. in Materials Science and Engineering from Georgia Tech in 2011
- Research Engineer, Advanced R&D Center of Hyundai Motor Company, 2001-2006
Scientific Focus Areas
- Rational design of materials/interfaces and manufacturing technologies
- Energy technologies: (1) Batteries, (2) Fuel cells, (3) Supercapacitors and (4) Smart windows
- Environmental technologies: (1) Electrochemical synthesis of fuels and (2) Electrochemical desalination/deionization of water
- Structure-Property relations in materials and solid-state electrochemistry
- M. K. Song, E. J. Cairns, and Y. Zhang, “Lithium-sulfur batteries with high specific energy: old challenges and new opportunities,” Nanoscale (review), 5, 2186-2204, 2013.
- M. K. Song*, S. Park*, F. Alamgir, J. Cho and M. Liu, “Nanostructured electrodes for lithium-ion and lithium-air batteries,” Materials Science and Engineering:R: Reports (review), 72, 203-252, 2011.